You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I increase internal storage on my iPad?

I hav about 32GB of storage on my iPad, and have used around 29GB. However I deleted everything on my IPad except for one app (that is a pretty large app I won’t lie) However when I went to update the app my IPad said that I didn’t hav enough storage space and so I went into settings and it told me to upgraded my ICloud. I really like this game so I updated my ICloud to 50GB and did a full backup and update of the IPad. However even after doing that it still says for internal storage that I had 32 GB with 29GB being used. I asked a friend how many she had on her IPad and she said her internal storage was around 120GB. How do I get that kind of internal storage on my IPad?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 3:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 4:34 AM

As described, you might be best advised to consider replacing your iPad with a model that has considerably more internal storage. Any device with only 32GB of storage is always going to struggle with available space. iPadOS15.x alone requires ~9GB for the OS alone, plus working system storage to operate, store Apps and user data.

You can subscribe to a higher tier of iCloud storage - but this is not a substitute for internal storage. If your internal storage is full, your only option is to better manage the storage that you have - and delete unused Apps or unneeded data.

These support pages may prove to be helpful:

About storage on your device and in iCloud – Apple Support

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? – Apple Support

Manage your iCloud storage – Apple Support

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

“Offloading” Apps can be a helpful method of creating temporary space to accommodate a software update.

https://9to5mac.com/2020/01/21/how-to-offload-apps-in-ios-to-save-space-without-deleting-their-data/

Additional information about creating sufficient space for installation of a software update can be found here:

If you need more space for an update on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 17, 2022 4:34 AM in response to Ipaduser1-2-3

As described, you might be best advised to consider replacing your iPad with a model that has considerably more internal storage. Any device with only 32GB of storage is always going to struggle with available space. iPadOS15.x alone requires ~9GB for the OS alone, plus working system storage to operate, store Apps and user data.

You can subscribe to a higher tier of iCloud storage - but this is not a substitute for internal storage. If your internal storage is full, your only option is to better manage the storage that you have - and delete unused Apps or unneeded data.

These support pages may prove to be helpful:

About storage on your device and in iCloud – Apple Support

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? – Apple Support

Manage your iCloud storage – Apple Support

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

“Offloading” Apps can be a helpful method of creating temporary space to accommodate a software update.

https://9to5mac.com/2020/01/21/how-to-offload-apps-in-ios-to-save-space-without-deleting-their-data/

Additional information about creating sufficient space for installation of a software update can be found here:

If you need more space for an update on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How do I increase internal storage on my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.