You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get iPad off black screen with spinning wheel?

Hi, I have an iPad 7th gen. For about a week it has been randomly coming up with a black screen with a spinning wheel. It flicks between this and the Lock Screen but if it lets me unlock, it immediately starts the blacks screen and spinning wheel again. Until today I have been able to restart it and it unlocks, can use it no problem. Today is had done this again and restarting the device isn’t working at all. I have tried restarting it, letting the battery run out and then charging and restarting it. I have let it fully charge and restart it. I have tried on and off the charger cord. Everything I can think of. What is going on? How do I fix this?

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 10:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 10:41 AM

Try this troubleshooting for an iPad that won't turn on or is frozen. If your iPad won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies

How to get iPad off black screen with spinning wheel?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.