You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not see my usb drives on my Mac book air? What should I do?

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 11:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 1:56 PM

Try removing them (physically). If you see a notice about 'improperly ejecting', then they're just not showing up on your Desktop, which can be fixed in your Finder Preferences.

If no notifications pop up, then try a restart, and then insert your drives again.

If that doesn't work, see if Disk Utility can find them. If it sees them, try the Repair function...it shouldn't do anything to any data on the drives.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 21, 2022 1:56 PM in response to albena96

Try removing them (physically). If you see a notice about 'improperly ejecting', then they're just not showing up on your Desktop, which can be fixed in your Finder Preferences.

If no notifications pop up, then try a restart, and then insert your drives again.

If that doesn't work, see if Disk Utility can find them. If it sees them, try the Repair function...it shouldn't do anything to any data on the drives.

Feb 21, 2022 2:04 PM in response to albena96

albena96 Said:

"I can not see my usb drives on my Mac book air? What should I do?"

-------

Mount the Drive:

Open Disk Utility:

Use Spotlight Search: [Hold Down: command + Press: spacebar]. Type Disk Utility. Then press return

Using Disk Utility:

Then, using Disk Utility, see if the Flash Drive is seen. If it is, then see if you need to click the “Mount’ button for it. Try rebooting once more. If of no success, then click unmount button, and then the mount button. Try rebooting once more.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.