You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ability/Process Sync iPod Nano w Catalina OS

I need to sync a 5th gen iPod Nano to iMac Monterey OS and beyond. Various articles say cannot be done as not an iOS device. Others give instructions how. What is the reality? Thank you.

iPod Nano (5th Gen)

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 3:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 7:52 AM

It is not different with iPod nano than iPod touch except there are no apps on the nano.

I just connected my 5th gen iPod Nano and it showed in the Music app. I downloaded some podcasts in the Podcast app on the Mac and click on Sync Setting in the Music app. The sync setting windows has tabs for music podcasts and other things. I selected Podcasts and synced the download podcast to my Nano.

These instructions also works just it just starts with Finder

Sync music between your Mac and iPhone or iPad - Apple Support (PH)

also see:

Connect your device to your Mac to sync Music content - Apple Support (PH)

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 24, 2022 7:52 AM in response to fluffyagain

It is not different with iPod nano than iPod touch except there are no apps on the nano.

I just connected my 5th gen iPod Nano and it showed in the Music app. I downloaded some podcasts in the Podcast app on the Mac and click on Sync Setting in the Music app. The sync setting windows has tabs for music podcasts and other things. I selected Podcasts and synced the download podcast to my Nano.

These instructions also works just it just starts with Finder

Sync music between your Mac and iPhone or iPad - Apple Support (PH)

also see:

Connect your device to your Mac to sync Music content - Apple Support (PH)

Ability/Process Sync iPod Nano w Catalina OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.