You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Chrome download

Why won't my MacBook allow me to download a different browser such as chrome? I would download it from the browser and when I want to drop it in the App Store to install, it reads as an error and won't allow me to do it. Could it be potentially I don't have enough free space cleared up on my computer?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 2:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 2:30 PM

See the installation instructions below from https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95346?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop

Install Chrome on Mac

1. Download the installation file.
  2. Open the file called "googlechrome.dmg."
  3. In the window that opens, find Chrome .
  4. Drag Chrome to the Applications folder.
    • You might be asked to enter the admin password.
    • If you don't know the admin password, drag Chrome to a place on your computer where you can make edits, like your desktop.
  1. Open Chrome.
  2. Open Finder.
  3. In the sidebar, to the right of Google Chrome, click Eject .

Also see the following from the same site:

You can choose the correct version of Chrome to download based on your Mac processor.

To check which version of Chrome to install:

1. On your Mac, select the Apple icon.
  2. Select About this Mac.
  3. In the “Overview” tab, next to “Processor” or “Chip”, check if it says “Intel” or “Apple”.

When downloading the Chrome installation file, select the option that matches your device.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 23, 2022 2:30 PM in response to Michaelawarmington

See the installation instructions below from https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95346?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop

Install Chrome on Mac

1. Download the installation file.
  2. Open the file called "googlechrome.dmg."
  3. In the window that opens, find Chrome .
  4. Drag Chrome to the Applications folder.
    • You might be asked to enter the admin password.
    • If you don't know the admin password, drag Chrome to a place on your computer where you can make edits, like your desktop.
  1. Open Chrome.
  2. Open Finder.
  3. In the sidebar, to the right of Google Chrome, click Eject .

Also see the following from the same site:

You can choose the correct version of Chrome to download based on your Mac processor.

To check which version of Chrome to install:

1. On your Mac, select the Apple icon.
  2. Select About this Mac.
  3. In the “Overview” tab, next to “Processor” or “Chip”, check if it says “Intel” or “Apple”.

When downloading the Chrome installation file, select the option that matches your device.

Chrome download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.