You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best Method to download video from iPhone?

I have been using my iPhone to shoot video and it's been really great so far as a camera. Unfortunately the files are large. I've been using Adobe Rush to edit the videos on my phone but lately the software has quit syncing properly and I'm losing work. So I need to have a more professional approach.

I have tried to air drop videos to my macbook pro but that is slow and often fails. If I hook up my phone with a cable my phone appears as a removable drive in the "files" section there's no way to see the videos. Under "photos" it says my images are sync'd via iCloud - which is just a backup to me.

So what is the best way to find my videos in the finder and copy them to a drive so that I can backup and edit them in a more professional manner?

Thanks,

Gregor

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 3:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 3:33 PM

I have used Image Capture - a lesser know application in macOS - to copy large files to my Mac and it sounds like you would benefit from doing this. You have the option of deleting the files from your iPhone in the process.

See Transfer images in Image Capture on Mac

Similar questions

4 replies

Best Method to download video from iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.