You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't Finder sync my entire music library (all of which I bought and paid for) to my iPod classic?

I was forced to update my iPod Classic software and now it won't sync with my Apple Music library (which consists entirely of music I have paid for). How can I get my music back onto the iPod?

iPod Classic

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 7:47 AM

6 replies

Feb 25, 2022 8:26 AM in response to S1P1G1

Hello S1P1G1,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, you can't sync your music on your iPod Classic.

To make sure we're on the same page, you are a member of Apple Music, but have downloaded/purchased content within your iTunes Library and you are unable to sync content to your iPod Classic. Is that right?

It could be related to the fact that the iPod Classic isn't a supported device with Apple Music: Join Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC

What happens exactly when you attempt to sync the iPod Classic with your library using these steps: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer

Any errors? Does the computer recognize the iPod Classic?

Hoping to hear back, take care.

Mar 1, 2022 6:17 AM in response to S1P1G1

Hi S1P1G1,

The last thing we can try is to update iTunes or the Finder, depending on which computer you're using.

For a PC, try out: Update to the latest version of iTunes

For a Mac, see steps in: Update macOS on Mac

You may need to restore the iPod Classic and then try syncing again using steps in: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer

Hopefully that does the trick, cheers.

Feb 25, 2022 9:40 AM in response to destiny241

Apart from two albums which I have downloaded from iTunes, all of the music in my iTunes library consist of CD's which I have purchased and then ripped, so that I can listen to them on the move as well as on my my home hi-fi system.

When I try to sync my iPod classic, only the most recent 3 CD's which I have ripped (in the last month) appear on the iPod. There are no errors messages and the iPod is recognised by Finder

Why won't Finder sync my entire music library (all of which I bought and paid for) to my iPod classic?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.