You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro camera stopped working suddenly.

I tried all of the things on the help page. None of them worked. I have not dropped or damaged my computer in any way. What are some other fixes?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 2:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 9:30 AM

Pdavidstockhausen wrote:

I tried all of the things on the help page. None of them worked. I have not dropped or damaged my computer in any way. What are some other fixes?

Does the >(Option key)System Information>Hardware>Camera recognize the Camera hardware(?) if not you have a hardware issue.

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 26, 2022 9:30 AM in response to Pdavidstockhausen

Pdavidstockhausen wrote:

Does the >(Option key)System Information>Hardware>Camera recognize the Camera hardware(?) if not you have a hardware issue.

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

MacBook Pro camera stopped working suddenly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.