You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why Can’t I Edit iPhone Videos?

For several months now (due to updates?) video editing on my iPhone XS Max has become extremely limited or nonexistent. Sometimes I can trim and save a video, but then when I attempt any more edits, they can’t be saved. What’s going on Apple? I saw this issue in much earlier questions, but with no solutions.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 6:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 2:21 AM

Transfer first the video to a macOS or Windows OS computer.

Then try to edit the video from the computer, which is usually more convenient.

See this Apple article: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or PC - Apple Support

For more ways to transfer photos and videos to your computer -> scroll down.

If you have a macOS computer use iMovie, see: iMovie - Apple

If you have a Windows OS computer, I am sure you have / know third party app you can use.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 26, 2022 2:21 AM in response to DJD562

Transfer first the video to a macOS or Windows OS computer.

Then try to edit the video from the computer, which is usually more convenient.

See this Apple article: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or PC - Apple Support

For more ways to transfer photos and videos to your computer -> scroll down.

If you have a macOS computer use iMovie, see: iMovie - Apple

If you have a Windows OS computer, I am sure you have / know third party app you can use.

Feb 26, 2022 12:03 AM in response to DJD562

You are addressing this to another user and not to Apple in this forum.

Apple Support Community Forum

This is Apple Support Community forum, primarily for a user to user interaction for information & idea sharing between users, if need be, extend support on technical know-how in handling Apple products from a more experienced fellow user, This is not the right forum to discuss with Apple Inc.

Why Can’t I Edit iPhone Videos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.