You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing with Photos app

When previewing my pictures before printing, they will be set up one way (example: 5 pics side by side from top to bottom of the paper), but when I go to print them, it shows up as 2 rows of 2 pics and 1 row of 1 pic. Why does it get rearranged from the preview to the print page? Is there a way to change that? What am I missing?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 8:28 AM

10 replies

Feb 26, 2022 10:36 AM in response to Springs859

OK - I am seeing the same thing. It is to do (I think) with the fact that the preview is showing the layout on a landscape oriented page, and the print then puts it on a portait oriented page. You can see in the small thumbnail to the right in your screenshot with the preview the final (portrait) layout.

I've not yet found a way to put the preview into portrait format so that it matches.

Feb 26, 2022 11:05 AM in response to TonyCollinet

I noticed the same thing about the layouts being landscape and portrait respectively. When just printing a page of something normally (like through Google Docs, etc), there is an option for landscape or portrait. I do not see anything like that in the Photos app. That's what I thought I might be missing - how to do that. Thanks for your input.

Printing with Photos app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.