You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Xs iOS 15.3 Cannot Type Letter "P"

Hello,

I have an iPhone Xs, and I was wondering if anyone has noticed issues of letters not responding when typed on? My letter "P" is not working. I use the default Apple keyboard on my phone. This only happens when I am attempting to type on "P" with the phone in a portrait mode. If I rotate to landscape, the "P" works. Wondering if this may be an update-related issue.

Thanks!

iPhone XS, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 9:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 2:09 PM

You have probably a screen dead spot.

Open a new Note.

Tap the pencil

Squiggle lines where the P normally is

Is there a hole?

3 replies

Mar 11, 2022 4:06 AM in response to cmadawson

I cannot, we are users like you.

If you have the same dead patch after doing that same test then you should arrange a repair

iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

or Contact - Official Apple Support

Anything other than Screen or Battery may be a replacement phone and the price is in the article under "Other damage"

See also:  Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service - Apple Support

iPhone Xs iOS 15.3 Cannot Type Letter "P"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.