You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound when sending an email in Mail on my iMac

There were a couple of recent "upgrades" to Mac OS Big Sur ver 11.6.4 and I noticed that I no longer get that 'swoosh' sound when I send an email. I went into Systems>Notifications>Mail and there no longer is a box to tick Sound. Will this be rectified in an upcoming "upgrade"?

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 2:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 9:41 AM

Hey there rws54,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. If you open Mail and click on Mail > Preferences. Click on General and look under “New messages sound” See if “Play sounds for other mail actions” is checked. If not, check it and see if this resolves the issue. 

Also, test in a new user account and see if the issue continues there:

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac 

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 27, 2022 9:41 AM in response to rws54

Hey there rws54,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. If you open Mail and click on Mail > Preferences. Click on General and look under “New messages sound” See if “Play sounds for other mail actions” is checked. If not, check it and see if this resolves the issue. 

Also, test in a new user account and see if the issue continues there:

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac 

Take care.

No sound when sending an email in Mail on my iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.