You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trying to add many photos to shared album in 1 go... not possible?

is there a limit in the number of photos/videos I can add to a shared album in 1 operation? if I mark more than a few it seems not to work.... and I have 23,000 to divide up, no way to do it 1 by 1... any tips?

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 9:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 9:27 AM

Hi

How many are you trying to add in one step?

See limitations for shared albums:

Maximum 1000/hour / 10000 per day. Perhaps you have already added 1000 in an hour, so now you can only add a few as earlier ones fall out of the current hour.

My Photo Stream and Shared Albums limits - Apple Support

Also - in case you are not aware, shared albums reduce the quality and size of the images you are sharing. Don't use them for storing your originals.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 27, 2022 9:27 AM in response to gundo33

Hi

How many are you trying to add in one step?

See limitations for shared albums:

Maximum 1000/hour / 10000 per day. Perhaps you have already added 1000 in an hour, so now you can only add a few as earlier ones fall out of the current hour.

My Photo Stream and Shared Albums limits - Apple Support

Also - in case you are not aware, shared albums reduce the quality and size of the images you are sharing. Don't use them for storing your originals.

Feb 27, 2022 11:27 AM in response to gundo33

gundo33 wrote:

many thanks, very helpful :)

are videos and photos treated the same (i.e. 1000/hour)?

Yes, the number of items is important - there is no separate count for videos and photos. You are limited to sharing at most 10,000 photos or videos per day.

I would not try to add all photos to one shared album. You can share up to 200 albums. Try to group the shared photos thematically across many albums. A shared album with thousands of photos is hard to browse. It will be difficult to scroll and people may not want to subscrinbe to an album that will download 5000 photos to their computer.

trying to add many photos to shared album in 1 go... not possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.