You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I prevent my wife's AirPods from connecting to my iPad?

I’m trying to prevent my wife’s AirPods from connecting to my iPad. She wants to listen to audio from her iPhone and our MacBook. The MacBook and my iPad are signed into my Apple ID and her phone and the AirPods are signed into her Apple ID. We have, in the Settings, set her iPhone to “Connect to this iPhone when last connected to this iPhone” but it still connects to my iPad.

I thought about just forgetting her AirPods on my iPad, but then I get the message that this will remove it from all the devices on my iCloud account. If I do this, will she still be able to connect to the MacBook?

Another thing I’ve noticed (not sure if it’s relevant) is that we changed the name of her AirPods but the old name still shows up on the iPad and my iPhone.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 7:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 8:04 PM

rp-ak Said:

"How do I prevent my wife's AirPods from connecting to my iPad? [...]I thought about just forgetting her AirPods on my iPad, but then I get the message that this will remove it from all the devices on my iCloud account. If I do this, will she still be able to connect to the MacBook? Another thing I’ve noticed (not sure if it’s relevant) is that we changed the name of her AirPods but the old name still shows up on the iPad and my iPhone."

-------

Try the following: Unpair, Restart, or Reset your AirPods - Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 1, 2022 8:04 PM in response to rp-ak

rp-ak Said:

"How do I prevent my wife's AirPods from connecting to my iPad? [...]I thought about just forgetting her AirPods on my iPad, but then I get the message that this will remove it from all the devices on my iCloud account. If I do this, will she still be able to connect to the MacBook? Another thing I’ve noticed (not sure if it’s relevant) is that we changed the name of her AirPods but the old name still shows up on the iPad and my iPhone."

-------

Try the following: Unpair, Restart, or Reset your AirPods - Apple Support.

How do I prevent my wife's AirPods from connecting to my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.