You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I schedule a text message on iPhone13?

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 10:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 9:55 PM

I don’t think that’s what they mean. Pretty sure they are referring to the android message feature where you can schedule a text to go out to a contact at a later time as opposed to sending it immediately or creating a shortcut, reminder, or calendar event. I just switched to an iPhone from an android and I used it all the time to avoid missing birthdays and sending texts during times that a person can’t or shouldn’t receive them like late at night or early in the morning. I’m forgetful and usually scheduling the texts offers a way to get something sent without having to wait or do something secondary in order to send the text.

I’ve already submitted feedback to Apple, but I’m pretty shocked that this feature isn’t already available. It’s basically a message with a timer. It’s also pretty useful to avoid looking too eager when responding to someone you’ve just met and just getting to know. Lol! Just saying. You never want to appear too available when you simply just respond quick.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 24, 2022 9:55 PM in response to TheLittles

I don’t think that’s what they mean. Pretty sure they are referring to the android message feature where you can schedule a text to go out to a contact at a later time as opposed to sending it immediately or creating a shortcut, reminder, or calendar event. I just switched to an iPhone from an android and I used it all the time to avoid missing birthdays and sending texts during times that a person can’t or shouldn’t receive them like late at night or early in the morning. I’m forgetful and usually scheduling the texts offers a way to get something sent without having to wait or do something secondary in order to send the text.

I’ve already submitted feedback to Apple, but I’m pretty shocked that this feature isn’t already available. It’s basically a message with a timer. It’s also pretty useful to avoid looking too eager when responding to someone you’ve just met and just getting to know. Lol! Just saying. You never want to appear too available when you simply just respond quick.

Apr 29, 2022 5:40 AM in response to TrinaB89

Glad to hear this doesn't exist. I was considering on moving to an apple from Android. I see I will not make the move. Yes, for something as simple as this feature not being available. It's a great feature. I use it all the time with my kids when I need to let them know something at a certain time. If I text them too early, they will just forget. Soooo handy of a tool. It is ridiculous that such and easy program for them to write is not available. What do they do all day in software development department (or whatever department would design this feature)? I left apple for my music library due to the poor organization they offer on media content. I don't get how such a large industry doesn't produce better products in how the systems perform. Glad I 'own the stock but will stay away from the product. Who wants frustration in their life when they know it's going to happen?

Mar 1, 2022 10:33 PM in response to Klecko73

Klecko73 Said:

"Can I schedule a text message on iPhone13?"

-------

Scheduling a Text Message Session:

Call Apple, letting them know when you may perform a text service. They might be set for it. I've only performed it the other way around: Me starting a chat with Apple, and them requesting that I call them for firsthand-troubleshooting.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.