You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i get pages with high Sierra

how do I get pages on

high Sierra

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 12:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 2:10 AM

If the user ( you) have Owned Pages previously open Apple Store and look in Previous Purchased or Owned Tab. You may need to scout this in more detail as it has been a long time since I have used the Apple Store in High Sierra.

If Pages appears as having been purchased or Owned - it should be available and compatible with High Sierra.

Should it not be available there are other free software like LibreOffice Just be sure to download a version compatible with High Sierra

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 2, 2022 2:10 AM in response to lthden

If the user ( you) have Owned Pages previously open Apple Store and look in Previous Purchased or Owned Tab. You may need to scout this in more detail as it has been a long time since I have used the Apple Store in High Sierra.

If Pages appears as having been purchased or Owned - it should be available and compatible with High Sierra.

Should it not be available there are other free software like LibreOffice Just be sure to download a version compatible with High Sierra

Mar 2, 2022 4:13 AM in response to lthden

If you were using Time Machine on that High Sierra installation, just restore Pages from the /Applications folder on that backup using the /Applications Time Machine application.

Failing the first sentence, launch the Mac App Store and be signed in with the same Apple ID as you used to install Pages previously. Press the option key while clicking the Purchase tab, and Pages should appear there with an Update/Install button. Because the current (v11.2) Pages requires macOS Big Sur or later, the first dialog you receive will basically state you need to upgrade your Mac. Acknowledge (do not click Cancel) that dialog and a second dialog should appear offering to install the last compatible version (v8.1) of Pages for High Sierra.

If the preceding paragraphs do not result in restoring Pages to your Mac, your last recourse is to use Pages for iCloud in order to access existing or create new Pages documents. LibreOffice cannot open existing Pages v5 and later documents.

how do i get pages with high Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.