You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad stolen, Any warranty on it?

Hi my iPad was stolen is there any way it can be replaced with warranty, I am very sad about this and it got stolen on me, I can’t find it on findmy at all,

what can be done about this or could I get it replaced with warranty or can anything be done,

thanks ,

aine

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 2:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 4:05 AM

Here is Apple’s advice for lost or stolen devices:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support

Use the Find My app to locate a lost or stolen device – Apple Support

If the Find My iPad feature was enabled prior to it being “misplaced”, then if active, you would stand a good chance of locating it. 

However, if the feature was not activated prior to being misplaced - or the iPad has been inactive for more than 24 hours, the last known location will not be available - and the opportunity to use technical means to manage or recover the iPad have been lost. That said, if your iPad is properly protected by a Passcode, your device and its data will remain secure.

Attempts to access the device with an incorrect Passcode will result in the iPad becoming completely disabled. All data stored on the iPad is fully encrypted; as soon as the iPad becomes disabled, the encryption keys are automatically destroyed.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 3, 2022 4:05 AM in response to aine293

Here is Apple’s advice for lost or stolen devices:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support

Use the Find My app to locate a lost or stolen device – Apple Support

If the Find My iPad feature was enabled prior to it being “misplaced”, then if active, you would stand a good chance of locating it. 

However, if the feature was not activated prior to being misplaced - or the iPad has been inactive for more than 24 hours, the last known location will not be available - and the opportunity to use technical means to manage or recover the iPad have been lost. That said, if your iPad is properly protected by a Passcode, your device and its data will remain secure.

Attempts to access the device with an incorrect Passcode will result in the iPad becoming completely disabled. All data stored on the iPad is fully encrypted; as soon as the iPad becomes disabled, the encryption keys are automatically destroyed.

iPad stolen, Any warranty on it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.