You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay and Audio Streaming to Multiple Devices

Is it impossible to airplay audio to multiple devices? I have several homepods, but on my Mac, I can only select a single device as the speaker.

It seems the only time I can select multiple speakers is while using Apple Music.

If this is not a feature, why not, and when will it be released?

...the lack of this feature seems like a real omission.😒

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 6:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 8:21 AM

I’m afraid that’s not helpful.

All my stuff is the latest software/hardware. I notice in all the literature, the focus is on iOS. MacOS is an afterthought, and they only show streaming from Apple programs, Not standard speaker selection like choosing multiple speakers from the control center.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 7, 2022 8:21 AM in response to Jack-19

I’m afraid that’s not helpful.

All my stuff is the latest software/hardware. I notice in all the literature, the focus is on iOS. MacOS is an afterthought, and they only show streaming from Apple programs, Not standard speaker selection like choosing multiple speakers from the control center.

Airplay and Audio Streaming to Multiple Devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.