You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2019 iMac won't update to Big Sur OR Monterey

I have a 2019 iMac running on Catalina. I completely forgot to upgrade to Big Sur, and would like to update it to that OR Monterey. When I go into software update in system preferences, I get a spinning wheel. When I go to manually download Big Sur from the app store, I get a "finding updates" message with the blue progress bar stuck on full, nothing else happens. HELP! thank you.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 9:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 9:39 AM

You original post mentioned "When I go to manually download Big Sur from the app store, ..." so I wasn't certain that you tried Monterey.

If neither of the methods in step 3 of How to upgrade to macOS Monterey - Apple Support will work, you may want to contact Apple Support. There is a Get Support link at the top right of this page.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 8, 2022 9:39 AM in response to Sara Stathas1

You original post mentioned "When I go to manually download Big Sur from the app store, ..." so I wasn't certain that you tried Monterey.

If neither of the methods in step 3 of How to upgrade to macOS Monterey - Apple Support will work, you may want to contact Apple Support. There is a Get Support link at the top right of this page.

2019 iMac won't update to Big Sur OR Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.