You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a copy of my files in iCloud. I want some of them on my computer. How do I put them there?

Transfer files from my iCloud storage to my new iMac computer

iMac 24″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 2:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 3:33 PM

When your new Mac is signed in to iCloud you should find your files in iCloud Drive.

You didn't describe how you uploaded these files. Was it another Mac? The other locations on a Mac for syncing, if chosen, are Desktop and Documents folder.

You don't get the option of having only "some" of the iCloud documents on your Mac. iCloud is a syncing service which unifies your content across all your devices.

Read more about iCloud:

iCloud - Official Apple Support

Access and manage your files in iCloud Drive

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage?

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 8, 2022 3:33 PM in response to H3lpw_iMacn0w

When your new Mac is signed in to iCloud you should find your files in iCloud Drive.

You didn't describe how you uploaded these files. Was it another Mac? The other locations on a Mac for syncing, if chosen, are Desktop and Documents folder.

You don't get the option of having only "some" of the iCloud documents on your Mac. iCloud is a syncing service which unifies your content across all your devices.

Read more about iCloud:

iCloud - Official Apple Support

Access and manage your files in iCloud Drive

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage?

I have a copy of my files in iCloud. I want some of them on my computer. How do I put them there?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.