You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No option for external monitor resolution 1920x1200 on m1 macbook pro

Hi

Ive just received my new macbook and i use an external Eizo monitor for editing. Im using the hdmi output on the laptop but theres no option available for 1920x1200 resolution meaning that i have a few inches of black bar top and bottom. Is there anyway to access this resolution? It worked fine on my 2013 macbook.

Cheers

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 2:42 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 10, 2022 7:41 AM in response to Rob_Ert_7263

be sure you have not accidentally "mirrored" your displays, which would look like this example -- the two displays are nearly coincident, with only enough difference to drag them apart if needed. When mirrored, the displays use a compromise resolution that both can attain. That resolution may not be changeable.

to support your display at is full abilities, you need to be sure they are NOT mirrored. This concatenates them along one edge, and produces a larger "Extended Desktop".

Mar 10, 2022 7:00 AM in response to Rob_Ert_7263

Hey Rob_Ert_7263,

In some cases, there may be additional steps to display all available resolutions.

"On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Displays, then click Display Settings.

Select your display in the sidebar, then do one of the following, depending on your display:

• Click the Scaled pop-up menu, then choose a scaled resolution for the display.
  • Choose Scaled, then select the resolution you want to use.

You can select “Show all resolutions” to see additional resolutions for the display.

Click Done."

Change your Mac display’s resolution includes these details.

Let us know if this information helps.

Regards.

No option for external monitor resolution 1920x1200 on m1 macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.