You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod not playing certain elements of songs

About 2 months ago, my HomePod started only playing certain elements of songs, some instruments are missing and other instruments are amplified. This would only happen when the HomePod is connected to my iPhone and not my Mac but now it does it on both. I’ve already tried reseting the HomePod twice and still nothing. Nothing is physically obstructing it. This issue has kept me from buying another one to use as a stereo pair. How do I fix this?

HomePod mini

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 6:20 PM

5 replies

Mar 10, 2022 1:15 PM in response to MrPeebs

Hello MrPeebs,

First, does that also happen when playing through the device itself? If so, this could also also be a setting related to Dolby Atmos audio from your devices. You may check if Lossless Audio is enabled. Learn more about those settings here: https://youtu.be/cf4o0I30nAg

If the issue persists only when connected to HomePod, we'd recommend the following steps:

1. Reset your HomePod once more: Reset HomePod
  2. Check your settings for playing audio from your iOS and Mac devices to HomePod: Play audio on HomePod using an iOS or iPadOS device
  3. Update your HomePod software: Update HomePod
  4. Update iPhone: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
  5. Update Mac: Update macOS on Mac

Narrowing down the issue to either being on the devices itself or only when connected to HomePod should help to get a path to resolving the issue with the steps we've shared.

Take care!

Mar 10, 2022 1:17 PM in response to MrPeebs

Hello MrPeebs,

To help resolve the issue with your HomePods, we recommend making sure the HomePod is up-to-date shown in the

Make sure that your device is updated to the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, or macOS
Open the Home app. Select Home , then Home Settings > Software Update.
Select HomePod to turn automatic updates on or off. If there's a new update, select Update. Software Update will also tell you if your HomePod is already up to date, and show you the installed HomePod software.

Power down all of your devices and restart them:

Restart your iPhone

Shut down or restart your Mac

You can also try deleting one of the affected songs and download it again to see if the same thing occurs.

Best Regards.

HomePod not playing certain elements of songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.