You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Studio - Buy Now - Upgrade Later

I am so excited about the direction of the new Mac Studio. As I have grown I no longer need the all in one because I have a screen far larger than what Apple is making, and am not a video person.

My question is if I get the Studio with 64GB RAM and 1TB or 2TB drives, can I add more RAM or replace the SSD through Apple or an authorized center? While I do not think I will need more RAM, I like to know if I have the assurance that I can change later should my needs change. I had an awful experience on my Mac Book Air when a component failed and I had to trash the entire system because the component was soldered to the mother board. I am hoping I could do a future upgrade to the Studio model.

Please confirm.

A Loyal Generational Mac Fan

Mac Pro

Posted on Mar 10, 2022 7:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2022 7:26 AM

Computers will always be better, faster, and cheaper if you wait.

You should not spend today's dollars for the potential of tomorrow's features -- they may never come or not be to your liking.

If you want the capabilities possible NEXT year, buy a computer from all those on offer next year.

We do not know yet if ANYTHING inside the enclosure will be upgradable or not. If you want more drive space, it has lots of fast ports for external drives and drive arrays.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 10, 2022 7:26 AM in response to jphauck

Computers will always be better, faster, and cheaper if you wait.

You should not spend today's dollars for the potential of tomorrow's features -- they may never come or not be to your liking.

If you want the capabilities possible NEXT year, buy a computer from all those on offer next year.

We do not know yet if ANYTHING inside the enclosure will be upgradable or not. If you want more drive space, it has lots of fast ports for external drives and drive arrays.

Mac Studio - Buy Now - Upgrade Later

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.