You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Keyboard System Function Keys

So I have an Issue with my Brand New Magic Keyboard. I've paired my keyboard to my 2019 Macbook Pro Touch Bar running macOS Catalina 10.15.7 and none of my system keys are working (Display Brightness, Mission Control, Volume, etc) I've done everything I can think of and nothing has worked. Is this seriously a software issue? Because I cant think of anything else I can do.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 4:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 5:30 AM

elimaughan wrote:

So I have an Issue with my Brand New Magic Keyboard. I've paired my keyboard to my 2019 Macbook Pro Touch Bar running macOS Catalina 10.15.7 and none of my system keys are working (Display Brightness, Mission Control, Volume, etc) I've done everything I can think of and nothing has worked. Is this seriously a software issue? Because I cant think of anything else I can do.

See if there is any relevance here:

https://www.switchingtomac.com/tutorials/hardware/how-to-fix-function-keys-not-working-on-apple-magic-wireless-keyboard/

Magic Keyboard System Function Keys - Apple Community

How to use the function keys on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 12, 2022 5:30 AM in response to elimaughan

elimaughan wrote:

See if there is any relevance here:

https://www.switchingtomac.com/tutorials/hardware/how-to-fix-function-keys-not-working-on-apple-magic-wireless-keyboard/

Magic Keyboard System Function Keys - Apple Community

How to use the function keys on your Mac - Apple Support

Magic Keyboard System Function Keys

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.