You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot access my music that was on my old computer to my new computer.

I had music on itunes on my old computer. I cannot access that music on my new computer

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 7:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 12:10 PM

If all the music on your old computer comprises purchases from the iTunes Store, then go to the Store section of your iTunes on the new computer, sign into the same account that you used to buy the music originally and download your music from the My Account/Purchases section.

If you bought music from anywhere else, such as CDs, or Amazon etc., you need to copy the music from your old computer to the new one. If you no longer have access to that computer, and if you do not have a backup of your music, then you may need to go back to the source of the music and obtain it again:

• CDs - re-copy the CD into the new Library
  • Amazon MP3 purchases - sign into your Amazon account and download the songs again
  • other sources - go to that source
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 12, 2022 12:10 PM in response to Shajeefromca

If all the music on your old computer comprises purchases from the iTunes Store, then go to the Store section of your iTunes on the new computer, sign into the same account that you used to buy the music originally and download your music from the My Account/Purchases section.

If you bought music from anywhere else, such as CDs, or Amazon etc., you need to copy the music from your old computer to the new one. If you no longer have access to that computer, and if you do not have a backup of your music, then you may need to go back to the source of the music and obtain it again:

• CDs - re-copy the CD into the new Library
  • Amazon MP3 purchases - sign into your Amazon account and download the songs again
  • other sources - go to that source

I cannot access my music that was on my old computer to my new computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.