You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting 'On My Mac' mailboxes - Downside?

There are some mailboxes in the 'On My Mac' section of Mail's sidebar. I don't know that I've ever used them, and their presence recently confused me. (Drafts, Sent, Archive). Is there a downside to deleting them?

--

srb

macOS 12.2.1 (Monterey)

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 9:06 AM

5 replies

Mar 12, 2022 12:08 PM in response to tbirdvet

Thanks, tbirdvet.

As I said, though, I've decided not to delete them. When I attempted to, I got a scary message that I was about to permanently delete "On My Mac". "On My Mac" contains a lot of mailboxes established by me to save old e-mails, as you said, as well as these few that appeared after I upgraded from Catalina to Monterey. When I test the ones established by me, the dialog box identifies the mailbox by name, and doesn't claim I'm about to delete "On My Mac". So, I've moved the ones I was interested in to the bottom of the list where they're less likely to get in my way.

--

srb

Deleting 'On My Mac' mailboxes - Downside?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.