You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing photos from recents without removing same from an album

How can I remove a photo from recents without removing it from an album. In order to manage my photos I create an album, but then I want to remove them from recents so I don't end up with the thousands of photos in that folder. This can be done with the android phones, but I haven't found out a way to do it with my Iphone.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 1:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 4:25 AM

There are NO Photos in an Album!!

Just references to the Photos in your Library.

You can't remove Photos from recents without also deleting them from an Album.

2 replies

Mar 13, 2022 4:33 AM in response to knick146

The Recents album is a kind of smart album. It is automatically populated by photos based on all photos in your library. To remove photos from Recents or any album automatically created by Photos you have to delete the photo completely.

To be able to remember which photo you already added to an album, tag the photo in some way, either with the favourite heart or add the album name to the description of the photo.

I find the Favourite heart a convenient marker as we can see it on the thumbnails, and I would not bother to add photos to albums, that are not my favourites anyway.

Removing photos from recents without removing same from an album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.