You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notifications keep reappearing when closed..

My notifications that I clear keep reappearing hours or days after I clear them through the Notification Center.

I had the Notification scheduled summary on for a day to test out the feature, it wasn’t what I was looking for so I turned it off but I’m still getting a glitched version of what the summary was doing.

Is there a fix to this that doesn’t involve a factory reset?

Thanks!

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 11:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 11:18 PM

My issue isn't that I want to turn notifications off, its that the ones I clear keep coming back hours later/days later.

An example of this being:

"@apple has like one of your instagram posts" - 2 days ago

"@Mac123 has requested to follow you" - 6 hours ago

But I've already cleared these notifications, they ONLY disappear if I actually open them.

And this isn't just limited to instagram, its all apps.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 13, 2022 11:18 PM in response to Raicya

My issue isn't that I want to turn notifications off, its that the ones I clear keep coming back hours later/days later.

An example of this being:

"@apple has like one of your instagram posts" - 2 days ago

"@Mac123 has requested to follow you" - 6 hours ago

But I've already cleared these notifications, they ONLY disappear if I actually open them.

And this isn't just limited to instagram, its all apps.

Notifications keep reappearing when closed..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.