You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whole Music library is duplicated

Hi!

I have a fairly big Music Library (around 25,000 titles.) Now every single song is showing up twice. The funny thing: one version has the cloud symbol with the arrow, giving me the option to download it. The other version has the cloud with the x through it ("removed from iCloud.") But the latter ones are actually on my hard drive. (See picture)

So my questions are:

• How do I remove the duplicates?
  • Which version do I keep?

Or would it be better to completely rebuild my library from the files on my hard disk?

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 5:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 7:22 PM

See Duplicate songs in iTunes/Music - Apple Community. In this particular instance signing out and back in again may resolve the duplicates.

tt2

4 replies

Mar 14, 2022 11:11 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks! Actually, when I opened Music today, it took a long time to open the Library, but then I was signed out. I signed back in, and the duplicates were gone.

The weird phenomenon with the hundreds of playlists with all my songs reappeared, though, although I had painstakingly deleted them all yesterday (you can only delete one playlist at a time.) But that's probably a topic for a separate thread.

Whole Music library is duplicated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.