You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV freeze when trying to skip intro

For a few weeks now when I watch any Apple+ episode and try to skip the intro or what was previously the image gets black and stops. There is no sound either. The only way is to go back and start the episode again but it starts from the very beginning with the intro and everything else. Tried on different series and movies and it's all the same. I already tried to restart the Apple TV 4K device but without any changes. The device is up to date.

It's happening only on the Apple TV 4K device, on iPhone or iPad I never had this problem.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 8:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 9:24 AM

Hi MattVanSaber,

We know you stated that your Apple TV 4K device is updated, but wanted to ensure that you meant tvOS 15.4, as it was released yesterday: Apple security updates - Apple Support

You can check to see if it needs to updated by going to Settings > System > Software Updates: Update your Apple TV - Apple Support

Let us know if that helps or if you're Apple TV is already on tvOS 15.4.

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 15, 2022 9:24 AM in response to MattVanSaber

Hi MattVanSaber,

We know you stated that your Apple TV 4K device is updated, but wanted to ensure that you meant tvOS 15.4, as it was released yesterday: Apple security updates - Apple Support

You can check to see if it needs to updated by going to Settings > System > Software Updates: Update your Apple TV - Apple Support

Let us know if that helps or if you're Apple TV is already on tvOS 15.4.

Take care!

Apple TV freeze when trying to skip intro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.