You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Frequent screen freezes on MacBook Pro M1 13-inch

My MacBook Pro M1 freezes randomly and often. The cursor moves, but everything on the screen is unresponsive, and I eventually have to shut down the machine by holding down the power button. This happens randomly, no matter what application I am using, (it occurs most often during startup, in Outlook Mail and on websites when using Safari). The MacBook Pro has 16 GB of memory and plenty of storage. All apps are up to date.

So far, this new MacBook Pro is way more unreliable than the six year-old 16 inch MacBook Pro it replaced. It's disappointing and frustrating. Anyone got a fix for this?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 11:01 PM

1 reply

Mar 16, 2022 5:11 PM in response to Macnas

Hi Macnas,

We definitely want you to be able to use your Mac without it freezing. We'd recommend first checking for any possibly updates by completing the steps listed here: Keep your Mac up to date and processing any that are available.

Since the issue happens randomly, then we'd also recommend testing the issue in safe mode when it occurs again by completing the steps listed here: How to use safe mode on your Mac

Lastly, you can isolate the issue further by testing in a new user account to make sure it is not related to the current user account. If you already have another user account set up, then you can use that one or create a new one to test in using the steps here: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Cheers!

Frequent screen freezes on MacBook Pro M1 13-inch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.