You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

not all photos taken on iPhone 12 are synching via iCloud to Mac. Both devices up to date

I have turned I cloud on and off but 3 days of photos in early March are simply not synching to my Mac. recent photos are, older photos are; just none for a period of around 5 days. Any ideas?

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 10:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 12:06 AM

If you have turned iCloud on and off, then you have triggered a complete new sync to iCloud. Depending on the size of your library, this could take days or even weeks, and you can't rely on any particular images transferring until the sync is complete.

What does the sync status say at the bottom of your all photos view?

Also - where is your library stored?

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 16, 2022 12:06 AM in response to professed

If you have turned iCloud on and off, then you have triggered a complete new sync to iCloud. Depending on the size of your library, this could take days or even weeks, and you can't rely on any particular images transferring until the sync is complete.

What does the sync status say at the bottom of your all photos view?

Also - where is your library stored?

not all photos taken on iPhone 12 are synching via iCloud to Mac. Both devices up to date

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.