You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Playlist Not Syncing / Reverting to Previous Versions

I create a new playlist each Friday with the songs I like at the moment. Now if I go back and change the playlist name, or rearrange the order of the tracks the changes will take place for a while (from a few minutes to a few days) but then the playlist will revert to the original version (going back to the old name and the old track list order). I have the latest updates and have Sync Library on my mac and iphone. How can I get the sync to be correct and maintain the latest changes?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 10:36 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

Mar 18, 2022 12:56 PM in response to todd_98107

Hello todd_98107,

We're happy to look into this. Are you creating the new playlist on your iPhone or Mac? The reason we ask this is because your iPhone syncs to what's represented on your Mac, but doesn't sync changes from your iPhone to the Mac. Also, are you using songs you've imported from CD's, purchased through iTunes or from an Apple Music subscription?

It'd also be a good idea to review: Sync music between your Mac and iPhone or iPad for more in-depth info about syncing music across your devices.

Best regards.

Mar 18, 2022 2:54 PM in response to todd_98107

todd_98107,

We appreciate you for verifying that information. If you haven't tried yet, let's temporarily turn off, " Sync Library" for both your Mac and iPhone: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

Then, let's restart each device and turn on Sync Library. From here, let's test and see if your music playlists will stay updated on both devices.

Thank you.

Mar 18, 2022 2:17 PM in response to todd_98107

Hey todd_98107,

Thanks for that additional information. To make sure we're on the same page, when you create this playlists each Friday, you are creating a new playlist and not editing the original? It is only during the week when you go edit the already-created playlist, that there are issues? We just want to make sure the issue isn't isolated to a specific playlist, and that even when creating a new playlist, the issue remains.

Cheers.

Mar 18, 2022 2:40 PM in response to karina184

Hi Karina184,

The issue occurs both with new and older playlists. When I create a new one I add songs as I find new ones I like. I then go back and rearrange the track order and maybe add or delete songs. The list will eventually revert back to the way I originally added the songs. I have also tried to change the name of an older playlist and the new name shows for a while, but then it will change back to the old name. Also, I have totally deleted old playlists I no longer want—only to have them reappear in my library later.

Mar 22, 2022 1:51 PM in response to bryanr14

I am having a similar issue. When I add new songs to my library, place them into already existing playlists and then update my cloud music library, the playlists won't show the newly added songs. Even when I delete songs, they end up reappearing in my library after it updates.

Seems like what is stored in the cloud is overwriting what's on my computer as well.

Apple Music Playlist Not Syncing / Reverting to Previous Versions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.