You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quickview no longer working properly on macOS Monterey (12.3).

I use Quickview hundreds of times a day – I deal with a lot of images, PDFs and text files for my job in advertising.

Every since upgrading to macOS Monterey on the new Apple Silicon MacBook Pro, it no longer functions properly.

Instead of showing me the actual contents of the file (when pressing the space bar in the Finder with a selected file), I instead get a preview of the file's icon – which is of no use.

I now have to go into the Application Monitor app and force quit the " QuickLookUIService (Finder)" multiple times a day, which restarts the Quickview process and allow it to function properly.

There is obviously a bug in the OS that is creating this issue – it has never been a problem until this recent macOS upgrade.

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 11:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 11:45 AM

Test to see if:

a) The problem also occurs in Safe Mode

b) The problem also occurs in a new account, while booted normally

The answers to a) and b) will help us determine what might be causing this.

For more complete information, tell us the answers above, and also Please run Etrecheck and post its full report here. Use the "additional text" button and paste the report into the text box.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 18, 2022 11:45 AM in response to Mr. Coles

Test to see if:

a) The problem also occurs in Safe Mode

b) The problem also occurs in a new account, while booted normally

The answers to a) and b) will help us determine what might be causing this.

For more complete information, tell us the answers above, and also Please run Etrecheck and post its full report here. Use the "additional text" button and paste the report into the text box.

Quickview no longer working properly on macOS Monterey (12.3).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.