You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring iPhone backups from MacBook to an SSD

Hi all,

So I was wondering if it would be possible to transfer backups of an iPhone that are stored on my MacBook to an SSD. I have seen the files in the storage management section but cannot find them through the finder.

Is there anyway to complete this action.

Thank you

Jay

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 2:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 8:33 AM

Jay1702 wrote:

Hi all,
So I was wondering if it would be possible to transfer backups of an iPhone that are stored on my MacBook to an SSD. I have seen the files in the storage management section but cannot find them through the finder.

Thank you
Jay

Finder>Go>Go To Library, copy & paste:

~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup

In order to save drive space recent iOS backs are over-written, unless you manually alter the name or from Manage Backups Control click and “Archive” the backup.

Back up iPhone - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 22, 2022 8:33 AM in response to Jay1702

Jay1702 wrote:

Hi all,

Thank you
Jay

Finder>Go>Go To Library, copy & paste:

~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup

In order to save drive space recent iOS backs are over-written, unless you manually alter the name or from Manage Backups Control click and “Archive” the backup.

Back up iPhone - Apple Support

Transferring iPhone backups from MacBook to an SSD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.