You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to clear disk space. does my Mac only have 121 gbs?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 5:05 PM

3 replies

Mar 22, 2022 10:19 PM in response to doublecc

oublecc Said:

"I need to clear disk space. does my Mac only have 121 gbs?"

-------

Clearing Space on a Mac:

Try clearing internal storage though use of the following:

A. Start Here: Free Up Storage Space on your Mac - Apple Support

also...

B. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

Also...

C. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

Mar 22, 2022 9:40 PM in response to doublecc

does my Mac only have 121 gbs?

Many 13-inch MacBook Pros from Late 2013 through early 2015 were considered "entry level" and had small 128GB solid-state drives (SSD). Formatted, 121GB is about right for a real-world amount available. Larger SSDs with capacities of 256GB, 512GB, 768GB, and 1 TB (1000GB) were always an option.

Most people who declined the larger SSD option at time of purchase are now having space issues. You should be able to find a user-installable kit with a larger SSD, such as these:

https://eshop.macsales.com/shop/ssd/owc/macbook-pro-retina-display/2013-2014-2015

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.