You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirTag Reset

Have a new iPhone with new Apple ID. I did not disconnect my AirTag before resetting the phone and turning it in. Anything I can do to use my AirTag on new phone?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 6:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 11:03 PM

How to reset your AirTag says: An AirTag can be associated with one Apple ID. If you want to use an AirTag that someone else has used, they'll need to remove the AirTag from their Apple ID first.

In your case "someone else" is equates to another Apple ID - your old one. Did you have a reason to adopt a new Apple ID?

If an item or device is connected to another Apple ID has the steps to remove the AirTag from your previous Apple ID.

As the text says, an AirTag has to be removed from an Apple ID using a device signed in with that same Apple ID - in your case your old one.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 22, 2022 11:03 PM in response to ToddHump

How to reset your AirTag says: An AirTag can be associated with one Apple ID. If you want to use an AirTag that someone else has used, they'll need to remove the AirTag from their Apple ID first.

In your case "someone else" is equates to another Apple ID - your old one. Did you have a reason to adopt a new Apple ID?

If an item or device is connected to another Apple ID has the steps to remove the AirTag from your previous Apple ID.

As the text says, an AirTag has to be removed from an Apple ID using a device signed in with that same Apple ID - in your case your old one.

AirTag Reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.