You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro 2017 randomly shutting down

Recently my MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) has been randomly shutting down throughout the day. When I press the power button it says it is out of battery. And when I plug in the charger to turn it on, there is still tons of battery left. I am using the BigSur MacOS.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 7:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 7:57 AM

AmirTanveer wrote:

Recently my MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) has been randomly shutting down throughout the day. When I press the power button it says it is out of battery. And when I plug in the charger to turn it on, there is still tons of battery left. I am using the BigSur MacOS.

On the Intel Mac you can try both..

—resetting the SMC How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

— resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

See if you qualify:

13-inch MacBook Pro (non Touch Bar) Solid-State Drive Service Program - Apple Support

13-inch MacBook Pro (non Touch Bar) Battery Replacement Program - Apple Support

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 24, 2022 7:57 AM in response to AmirTanveer

AmirTanveer wrote:

On the Intel Mac you can try both..

—resetting the SMC How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

— resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

See if you qualify:

13-inch MacBook Pro (non Touch Bar) Solid-State Drive Service Program - Apple Support

13-inch MacBook Pro (non Touch Bar) Battery Replacement Program - Apple Support

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Macbook pro 2017 randomly shutting down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.