You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2013 MacBook Pro getting kernel panics

I'm running a 2013 Mac Pro that's been self-upgraded to a 2.7 Ghz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5. I'm running the last version of Monterey and have a number of external drives, non-Apple keyboard, etc. plugged into it. I've been getting a couple of kernel panics a week. I've run the hardware diagnostics and nothing came up as a problem. I did the network reinstall of Monterey and that doesn't seem to have solved the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions what I can try? I'm hoping to get a couple more years out of this computer.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Mac Pro

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 8:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 9:22 AM

What does the first part of the panics say?

Are they really kernel panics?

when your/the Mac restarts do you get a message window that says the Mac restarted with a button to Report? When do and click on Report a windows displays details of the cause. Can you post the first part of the error reports?

I periodically get mainly MCA errors and have received a few other errors too.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 24, 2022 9:22 AM in response to RobertMReed

What does the first part of the panics say?

Are they really kernel panics?

when your/the Mac restarts do you get a message window that says the Mac restarted with a button to Report? When do and click on Report a windows displays details of the cause. Can you post the first part of the error reports?

I periodically get mainly MCA errors and have received a few other errors too.

2013 MacBook Pro getting kernel panics

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.