You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari won't play CNN videos

On my 2014 MacBookAir CNN videos no longer play using Safari.. They do if I use Firefox. This is a new problem. I have tried to update all software but now the wheel keeps spinning as it is "Checking for updates". Any help is appreciated

MacBook Air

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 6:50 PM

3 replies

Mar 25, 2022 1:57 AM in response to xtchr

xtchr wrote:

On my 2014 MacBookAir CNN videos no longer play using Safari.. They do if I use Firefox. This is a new problem. I have tried to update all software but now the wheel keeps spinning as it is "Checking for updates". Any help is appreciated

Q - " On my 2014 MacBookAir CNN videos no longer play using Safari "

A - Is the computer running behind a VPN from a location other than you actual physical location

Q - " but now the wheel keeps spinning as it is "Checking for updates". "

A - There are times is occurs and the Software Update Applet does function as expected. Suggest restarting in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

Safari won't play CNN videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.