You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t the Apple mobile app be made available regardless of country or region? It is so frustrating that I can’t install the Apple app using the AppleStore because it is not available in the country or region. Please help!

Why can’t the Apple mobile app be made available regardless of country or region? It is so frustrating that I can’t install the Apple app using the AppleStore because it is not available in the country or region. Please help how to install such an Apple app! Thank you.

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 7:58 PM

3 replies

Mar 24, 2022 8:26 PM in response to clinthc

There is a lot that has to be done to make apps available for certain regions. The developer of the app is who determines in which countries their apps will be available, not Apple. Though, Apple will intervene if there is an issue that violates their policies or cause legal issues. But most of the issues surrounding availability has to do with the developer.

There is a way to change your country/region to be able to download the apps available in different places, but in all honesty, it causes more confusion than it is helpful. I helped a gentleman before that had apps he downloaded on a different profile with a different country registered as the main Apple ID on his device and he had a host of issues because of how he used his phone. Likely, Apple has updated their security measures to prevent this kind of use, so it may not even work anymore anyway. There are restrictions for a reason.

The best thing you can do, and I say this from experience, is to contact the developer directly. Many times they create their apps to respond to a need in specific areas. If you reach out and notify them of a need, they may consider updating their app to allow access in your area.

Mar 24, 2022 10:13 PM in response to TrinaB89

Thanks for the reply and information. I will try to contact the developer or the bank who recommended the app directly as it is their app. To see whether they can make available to the country or region I am in. In fact, there should not be any reason why not because both countries are in Asia Pacific and both countries are commonwealth countries and have close and good relationship in terms of military, trade and finance etc…

thank you any way.

Why can’t the Apple mobile app be made available regardless of country or region? It is so frustrating that I can’t install the Apple app using the AppleStore because it is not available in the country or region. Please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.