You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my macbook air m1 after the latest update is not responding to the touch id .

after I have updated to Monterey update (i can not remember the version), the touch id wasn’t working. I tried everything to fix the problem such as cleaning, resetting, resetting SMC, or even shutting down the mac. when I was resetting it, it was showing me a little red color but didn’t be able to save it. now after many trials, it ignores any fingerprint (not showing any red color while resetting). I waited for one update after another hoping it will be fixed but nothing was solved.

in the attached screenshot, I am already placing my finger.

I asked the same Q in this link my macbook air m1 after the latest update… - Apple Community but I missed the conversation. i could follow up conversation now since i realized that I get notification about replies in mail app about.

in the image below, this instruction keeps showing up while I am already placing my finger.I believe it's a software not hardware problem. I hope so.

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 6:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 6:48 AM

If Touch ID isn't working on your Mac.

If that didn’t work, it could be a hardware issue. ⚠️

Get expert service and support at the Genius Bar.

▷ Call 1-800-MY-APPLE or get help here. 

1 reply

my macbook air m1 after the latest update is not responding to the touch id .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.