You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Making format changes to the entire workbook instead of individual worksheets

Hello,

New to numbers and coming over from excel. What I am trying to do is link multiple identical worksheets within a workbook. I am wanting to make global price changes across all the worksheets.

In Excel i would select the first tab (worksheet) and then "select shift" all other tabs (worksheets) and this would allow me to make changes across multiple sheets at the same time.

Currently I am on Number 11.2 and macOS Monterey.

thank you!

Darrell

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 10:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 8:43 PM

Welcome to Numbers!

Numbers can be more convenient than Excel for many projects. But it doesn't work the way you describe.

And the language used is different.

For "workbook" in Excel say "document" or "spreadsheet" in Numbers.

For "worksheet" in Excel say "sheet" in Numbers.

But keep in mind that a Numbers sheet (tab) does not contain a grid of cells like an Excel worksheet. A Numbers sheet has a blank canvas on which you can place multiple tables, charts, and other objects.

Each Numbers table contains a grid of cells in rows and columns similar to what you see in Excel. You can have multiple tables on one sheet.

If you haven't done so already be sure to have a look at Help > Numbers Help in your menu. Also have a look at the templates at File > New in your menu. These will give you an idea of how best to construct your Numbers documents.

SG

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 26, 2022 8:43 PM in response to zenithcorp

Welcome to Numbers!

Numbers can be more convenient than Excel for many projects. But it doesn't work the way you describe.

And the language used is different.

For "workbook" in Excel say "document" or "spreadsheet" in Numbers.

For "worksheet" in Excel say "sheet" in Numbers.

But keep in mind that a Numbers sheet (tab) does not contain a grid of cells like an Excel worksheet. A Numbers sheet has a blank canvas on which you can place multiple tables, charts, and other objects.

Each Numbers table contains a grid of cells in rows and columns similar to what you see in Excel. You can have multiple tables on one sheet.

If you haven't done so already be sure to have a look at Help > Numbers Help in your menu. Also have a look at the templates at File > New in your menu. These will give you an idea of how best to construct your Numbers documents.

SG

Making format changes to the entire workbook instead of individual worksheets

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.