You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Device storage v. iCloud storage

This might have a straightforward answer but I’ve looked everywhere online and can’t seem to figure it out. I recently bought additional iCloud storage (the 200gb) package because my phone is choked up with photos and other random stuff and I thought cool, I’ll just have the cloud take care of it. But the storage on my phone hasn’t lessened at all. Is there something I have to do? I already have iCloud photos turned on and the setting for optimizing storage also turned on. I thought iCloud would lessen the burden on my phone, so why is there still so much space being taken up on my phone by stuff that I paid for iCloud to store?

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 7:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 9:01 AM

jpap97 wrote:

This might have a straightforward answer but I’ve looked everywhere online and can’t seem to figure it out. I recently bought additional iCloud storage (the 200gb) package because my phone is choked up with photos and other random stuff and I thought cool, I’ll just have the cloud take care of it. But the storage on my phone hasn’t lessened at all. Is there something I have to do? I already have iCloud photos turned on and the setting for optimizing storage also turned on. I thought iCloud would lessen the burden on my phone, so why is there still so much space being taken up on my phone by stuff that I paid for iCloud to store?

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 29, 2022 9:01 AM in response to jpap97

jpap97 wrote:

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

Device storage v. iCloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.