You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need an Apple device to get Apple TV?

I've been trying to subscribe to Apple TV on my ROKU TV. I have an Apple account. The app says I need an ITunes account. Do I really need this? More$$$. Apple seems to make it very difficult if I don't have an Apple device. Too exclusive! Too hard! I've been trying for 2 days!

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 5:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 5:46 PM

I've been trying to subscribe to Apple TV on my ROKU TV. I have an Apple account.

Verify that you made your account complete: user details, email address (confirm the test message), and payment method.

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

Manage your Apple ID - Apple

Payment methods for subscriptions should support automatic and periodical charges.

The app says I need an ITunes account. Do I really need this?

Your Apple ID account needs to be ready for use with the iTunes Store. As above. That is needed.

More$$$.

No, subscribing to Apple TV+ is the only fee, if you stick to Apple TV+ content. Other content in the Apple TV app is not included in this subscription, and may require additional payments, as indicated in the app.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 29, 2022 5:46 PM in response to ldg870

I've been trying to subscribe to Apple TV on my ROKU TV. I have an Apple account.

Verify that you made your account complete: user details, email address (confirm the test message), and payment method.

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

Manage your Apple ID - Apple

Payment methods for subscriptions should support automatic and periodical charges.

The app says I need an ITunes account. Do I really need this?

Your Apple ID account needs to be ready for use with the iTunes Store. As above. That is needed.

More$$$.

No, subscribing to Apple TV+ is the only fee, if you stick to Apple TV+ content. Other content in the Apple TV app is not included in this subscription, and may require additional payments, as indicated in the app.

Do I need an Apple device to get Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.