You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do the mail folders on my Mac and folders in Gmail relate?

how do the mail folders on my mac and folders in gmail relate?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 5:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 10:31 AM

I have to make an assumption her that your email app is set up to operate in an IMAP mode. If so, then whatever yo do in your email app is mirrored on the email service provider's web site. You can visit the web site directly by using a browser to do so. Put another way, you will normally have the same folders on the web site as you do in your computer and they will both.contain the same messages.

If your email service has been set up to function in the POP mode, whenever your email app requests a download of any available messages which have been received on the server, they will be downloaded to your computer and are then deleted from the server automatically. I hope this answers your question.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 30, 2022 10:31 AM in response to magritte185

I have to make an assumption her that your email app is set up to operate in an IMAP mode. If so, then whatever yo do in your email app is mirrored on the email service provider's web site. You can visit the web site directly by using a browser to do so. Put another way, you will normally have the same folders on the web site as you do in your computer and they will both.contain the same messages.

If your email service has been set up to function in the POP mode, whenever your email app requests a download of any available messages which have been received on the server, they will be downloaded to your computer and are then deleted from the server automatically. I hope this answers your question.

How do the mail folders on my Mac and folders in Gmail relate?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.