You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

15-inch 2017 Macbook pro screen goes black past 90 degrees

The screen for my MacBook Pro (15-inch 2017, MacOS Monterey) turns on when I start opening it, but then goes black when it reaches the 90 degree mark.

There seems to be a similar issue (and associated repair program) for the 13-inch model of the same year, but I'm not seeing one for 15-inch MBPs.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 9:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 8:43 AM

LeGulm wrote:

The screen for my MacBook Pro (15-inch 2017, MacOS Monterey) turns on when I start opening it, but then goes black when it reaches the 90 degree mark.

There seems to be a similar issue (and associated repair program) for the 13-inch model of the same year, but I'm not seeing one for 15-inch MBPs.

There is no service program for the 15" or the 2017

(13-inch MacBook Pro Display Backlight Service Program - Apple Support)

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 31, 2022 8:43 AM in response to LeGulm

LeGulm wrote:

There is no service program for the 15" or the 2017

(13-inch MacBook Pro Display Backlight Service Program - Apple Support)

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

15-inch 2017 Macbook pro screen goes black past 90 degrees

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.