You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I recover permanently deleted photos on my iPad?

I pernamently deleted a lot of photos that I wish I didn’t and I can’t find a way to recover them. Is there a way to do it without backup?

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 5:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 5:37 PM

If you do not backup your photos to iCloud and the photos are not in recently deleted; then no way to restore those photos. Not even apple support can restore them.

if you back up your photos to iCloud; then you should be able to go to photos - albums - scroll all the way down - and go to recently deleted and you can select what photos you want to restore.

even if you don’t back up to iCloud it’s still worth the time to check recently deleted.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 30, 2022 5:37 PM in response to Ava_1

If you do not backup your photos to iCloud and the photos are not in recently deleted; then no way to restore those photos. Not even apple support can restore them.

if you back up your photos to iCloud; then you should be able to go to photos - albums - scroll all the way down - and go to recently deleted and you can select what photos you want to restore.

even if you don’t back up to iCloud it’s still worth the time to check recently deleted.

How can I recover permanently deleted photos on my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.