You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV on Mac

Since I am unable to add apps (disney+, Hulu, etc) to appletv on my Mac, and the app is essentially useless to me. I don't understand why my Mac OS can use iPad and iPhone apps but in this case it can't. I would like to remove it from my Mac, how do I do this?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 7:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 9:15 PM

waterrat1972 Said:

"Moving to trash did not work. Didn't remove the app and didn't give me a dialog box that it wouldn't do it."

-------

What's the App?:

Deleting Apple TV:

Apple TV is a builtin app. It cannot be deleted. So, if that is the app you are looking to delete, then that is just not an option.

3 replies

Mar 30, 2022 8:03 PM in response to waterrat1972

waterrat1972 Said:

"Apple TV on Mac: Since I am unable to add apps (disney+, Hulu, etc) to appletv on my Mac, and the app is essentially useless to me. I don't understand why my Mac OS can use iPad and iPhone apps but in this case it can't. I would like to remove it from my Mac, how do I do this?"

-------

Platform Restrictions:

Not all apps are available for all platforms. So the apps that are accessible on your mobile devices (iPadOS and/or iOS) may not be accessible to the macOS.

Deleting this from your Mac:

Drag the app's icon to the Trash > enter your credentials > delete it from the Trash

Apple TV on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.