You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to someone regarding iPhone security

Message appeared on my Mac that someone near Miami was using my apple ID account on a Mac. I live on the mid West Coast of Florida, which is not Miami. Should I be concerned?

iMac 27″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 6:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 6:52 AM

No. It's likely you. Location is based on a number of items, including your internet provider and perhaps their address. For example, I live in Chicago and when I log into my employer's WiFi is alerts me as being in Arlington, VA. At home, I often get suburban locations too.

You can, of course, verify the devices tied to your account at appleid.apple.com

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 1, 2022 6:52 AM in response to Appleshaw1947

No. It's likely you. Location is based on a number of items, including your internet provider and perhaps their address. For example, I live in Chicago and when I log into my employer's WiFi is alerts me as being in Arlington, VA. At home, I often get suburban locations too.

You can, of course, verify the devices tied to your account at appleid.apple.com

Need to someone regarding iPhone security

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.